Paying and Certifying Authority
The functions of the Paying Authority are defined in EU legal documents on implementation of respective EU policy instrument as well as in respective Cabinet of Ministers Regulations, summery of all regulations could be found on the following home page http://www.esfondi.lv/.
The functions of the Paying Authority are:
- at least three time per year to submit to the Commission the declaration of expenditure actually paid;
- to receive and manage financial recourses granted by the Commission;
- to ensure that final beneficiaries of EU policy instrument receive contribution from EU funds as quickly as possible and in full;
- to certify expenditure declared as eligible, justified with appropriate supporting documentation;
- to reimburse to the Commission irregular expenditure recovered (and interest on arrears);
- once per year to submit to the Commission the report on irregular expenditure that should be recovered in accordance with EU legal acts;
- no later than 30 April of each year to submit to the Commission updated forecasts of application for payment for current and the forecast for the following year;
- within six months of the deadline for payment laid down in the Commission decisions of granting respective EU policy instrument to submit to the Commission a certified final statement of expenditure actually paid and the declaration of winding-up of the assistance;
- to account received and paid EU funds.
The rights and the responsibilities of the Paying Authority in implementation of EU structural funds are stipulated in the Law on EU structural funds and Cabinet of Ministers Regulations, which are elaborated in accordance with this law.
The rights and the responsibilities of the Paying Authority in implementation of EU Cohesion fund are stipulated in the Law on EU Cohesion fund management and Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No.298 of April 15, 2004 “Regulations on Procedure for preparation, approval, implementation and monitoring of projects financed from the European Union Cohesion fund”.
The rights and the responsibilities of the Paying Authority in implementation of European Community initiative EQUAL are stipulated in Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No.309 of April 15, 2004 “Regulations on the European Community Initiative EQUAL”.